A new photo is circulating on the Internet that is sure to scare all people who like to sleep in bed with their smartphone, especially when it is charging. In fact, we find it very easy to fall asleep with our smartphone, but that’s a really bad idea.
Photo shows what happens when you sleep in bed with your smartphone!
The photo is from the CPR Kids page and shows the cable of a smartphone that was burned along with the sheets. The damage was only material. It could have been much worse, however. At night it’s very easy and without us noticing that we have damaged the charging cable. Whether with a tractor or simply by changing sides. When this happens, things can go wrong.
Mattresses and bed linen in general are highly flammable materials. If we now add the fact that smartphones and chargers heat up quickly when left in place for long periods, we quickly discover that this is a dangerous combination.
However, it is advisable to place our smartphone on a flat surface and away from flammable materials. Especially when it is charging.
The note on the relevant page is aimed in particular at children and the gadgets that many received for Christmas.
But beyond that there are more questions to consider. It is important that we check the cables regularly and replace them quickly if they show signs of wear.
While children are the primary recipients of these warnings, adults are not exempt from this situation. In fact, very complicated situations have arisen because a simple smartphone was charged in bed at night.
Of course, whoever says smartphones says laptops or other electronic devices that are plugged into a charger. In fact, great care must be taken not to cause unnecessary problems.